Re: Mobo Recommendations

  • Subject: Re: Mobo Recommendations
  • From: "JonS" <semi.jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 21:55:01 +0100

The tomshardware review is very interesting in its conclusions about
high
efficiency PCs but as I observed a few weeks ago whereas Apple have
produced
a Mac mini with an idle power of 13W the options tested here are 30+ W
idle.
For me this means I will e investigating a laptop with docking station that
takes a PCI card, its not perfect for my needs but lower power than
anything
else for WHS or XP at the moment.  Not sure this is viable for Mark as its
sounds like you need much more storage than me.

JonS