OT - New BluRay and AV Amp

  • Subject: OT - New BluRay and AV Amp
  • From: "frostie2001uk" <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:01:09 -0000

I have a Samsung LE40M LCD TV and a Panasonic all in one DVD Amp.
It's=20
time to upgrade the DVD to BluRay and then consequently the amp.

At the moment I'm looking at the Samsung BD1500 and the Sony STRDG820=20
(So there's my budget - =A3150 BluRay and =A3250 AV Receiver)

My questions are...

The TV is HDMI, as is the Amp and BluRay but my Sky+ isn't (nor is the=20
Wii) and I'm assuming I plug all the kit into the AV receiver and then=20
run the HDMI to the TV.=20

Do I need to run anything else or will the HDMI carry the analogue=20
signals from the Sky+ via the receiver?

Will the audio be carried to the TV also? or will it only play out of=20
the speakers connected to the amp?

Thanks for your help in advance....