Oven use/kwh/annum (sort of on topic)

  • Subject: Oven use/kwh/annum (sort of on topic)
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 15:49:35 +0100

I'm on a mission to use CBUS/Comfort to perform energy saving
measures=20
automatically. I now have 14 different devices totally shut down when=20
arming away (and more to come), and they dont all come back up straight=20
away when returning (depends on what you do).

I'm extending this to kitchen devices and was looking at our old oven.=20
Works perfectly, but I think it's an energy hog.=20

As far as i can tell, the sticker says consumption of "5,7kW" -
note the=20
comma. Does does mean 5 or 7kw (its a double oven), or 5.7 kw, or 5-7kw.=20
It's on a 32amp circuit (and needs its) so that wire can cope with up to=20
7360watts.

New ovens appear to use less than 1Kw, so tempted to switch.

Anyone have any good guesses as to how many hours (therefore kwh) they use=
=20
their ovens for ? If I say 3hrs per week, i could save =A3100 a year just
b=
y=20
buying a new oven. Unless my calcs are way out.

Comments !

Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number=20
741598.=20