Newbie!

Hi All,

I'm new to the group and the industry as a whole - I have recently been
employed in my brother's company SMARTA Home Automation - and we are based
in Cardiff (serving the Wales & West area).

If I may: any information on how to become more accustomed to the hardware
used in Home Automation would be greatly welcomed. It's a veritable
minefield out there when it comes to integrating systems from different
manufacturers! Which is a shame since 'mixing and matching' components
seems
to be the best way to reduce costs and be able to offer HA to a wider
client
base.

I've seen (and heard) about the xPL Project are doing and think it's great!
But what are people using in the mean time? Are you sticking to (one
supplier) entire systems?

Thanks and - please be nice J

John Wray

Smartahome - Home Automation