Latest message you have seen: Re: Comfort Design Question

RE: X10 based burglar alarm

Hi David,

I don't know too much about the Marmitek so I googled and found this which
may be of help http://www.domoticaforum.eu/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=225.

I was going to suggest you have a look at the Visonic Powermax +. I've a
system tied into Homeseer via a Rfxcom receiver and it does everything that
you have asked for below (although windows based). I've also another system
in a holiday home that uses a GSM module to alert me. Both systems have
been
very reliable. If the powermax is too expensive its worth looking at the BT
VP100 - based on the powermax but with not as many options. You can
normally
pick these up quite cheaply on ebay.

I'd stay clear of X10 though. I know a lot of people have no problems but
in
my house I cannot get it to do anything consistently :(

John