ML110 Servers Graphics

Firstly, thanks to all that replied, I can not believe you can not get
better resolution than 8 bit. I must have built hundreds of servers in my
previous job and all of them could support True Colour and a decent
resolution, admittedly most of them were DL260/380 servers and much bigger
jobs but this is ridiculous. Obviously I am not out to run high graphics
intensive programs on the server but I do not know what Idratek/Cortex will
look like especially when I incorporate CCTV images...

but this is getting worse...

I have just fitted a second network card in one of the servers, no problem
BUT when I tried to fit the Geovision cards they will not fit! And neither
will the sound card I have!!!!

The quick specs for this server say:-

Slot 1 is 32Bit/33MHz PCI
Slot 2 is X1 PCI Express
Slot 3 is X1 PCI Express
Slot 4 is X8 PCI Express

This is not what I "seem" to have under the hood on my servers.

Slot 1 and 2 look both the same, white slots and say PCI on the mother
board
Slot 3 is PCI-E X4 small black jobbie
Slot 4 is PCI-E X8 also small black

There is also another black connector set further back but I do not know
what this is.

The PCI slots have a mounding (slot) across their inner slot but it is
towards the rear of the slots whereas my PCI cards have the cut out towards
the front of the PCI slots. I could understand this if all my PCI card's
would not fit but I have a 3COMM 905B NIC that does fit.

This basically means that my Geovision cards and my sound card will no
longer fit.. so much for new servers to replace my aging items...

B.