[OT] stupid outlook 2007 and mailboxes

  • Subject: [OT] stupid outlook 2007 and mailboxes
  • From: "Ho Yin Ng" <architect.hoyin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 00:16:35 +0430

For some strange reason when i create a new email account outlook
creates a new mail box set of folders.

Then after it has done this it does not let me make it the default
folder. The default option button is greyed out. Therefore I am unable
to remove the personal folder which it has created as well as this is
set as default and one cannot delete a default folder.

I tried doing it with outlook closed and in the control panel, but the
same thing is happening.

So when I open outlook it goes to the default mailbox folder which is
not where my email is going. Nothing drastic, but just annoying.
Anyone know how to solve it?

Is it because it is an imap mailbox and not a pop3?