Re: Apple Announce New 3G iPhone - All the Details

One thing to add about apple - its all in the 'experience' of the
product / apple as well. (IMHO)

Getting it home, the wrapping, the way these things are packaged, the
whole thing ( I hope its not just me that looks at the presentation as a
whole!).

I also don't think will get up there on sales as your Nokia's or Sony's
or Samsung's etc cause people wont buy these things as throw away
phones. Every couple of months we get txts off family members saying
they have a new number/phone etc. This wont happen with the apple's
because you wont /want/ to buy another (ok maybe a v1 to v2 and let the
missus have the v1) but your kids wont be getting them as throw aways as
they wouldn't appreciate the quality (ok or the expense!)!

Oh and as food for thought - how many 'nokia-casts' or 'sony-casts' do
you subscribe to? People have even dropped calling mobile media players
'mp3 players' these days in favour of  'ipods' - the same level of
acceptance will happen with the iphone. It oozes quality.

These things are also going to be the blackberry killer I would imagine
too! - now that they have the exchange tie in - all your MD's and people
at the top will be gagging for this. I know of several that are holding
off getting an updated blackberry in favour of an iphone.

(all as an opinion mind you :) )
Wayne.