[OT] My Fav Mac Software

Just sent this to a list member thats recently bought a MacBook and I
thought I'd post it here as well so others can use.  I've only been a
full-time Mac users for 6 months now so I'm sure there will be lots of
other
good stuff people can add to this thread.

Thanks

M.

Browser - Firefox (Free Open Source)
Obvious
http://www.firefox.com/

FTP - FileZilla (Free Open Source)
Great FTP client
http://filezilla-project.org/download.php

IM - Adium (Free)
MSN, Yahoo, Google Talk etc all in one free client!
http://www.adiumx.com/

Bit Torrent - Transmission (Free)
Nice BT client
http://www.transmissionbt.com/

RDP Client - Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac 2.0 (Free)
Connect to and control your Windows machines from your Mac
http://tinyurl.com/ytq96v

Video Player - VLC (Free Open Source)
Playback of DivX, XviD etc
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Handbrake - DVD Ripping (Free)
Rip your DVDs to MP4
http://handbrake.m0k.org/

Video Encoding - Visual Hub ($23)
Superb tool for re-encoding video. XviD to iPhone format for example
http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/

Video Encoding - iSquint (Free)
Free cut-down version of Visual Hub above
http://www.isquint.org/

Drive Imaging / Backups - SuperDuper (Free - $27.95)
http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/

Drive Imaging / Backups - Carbon Copy Cloner (Free / Donation)
http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html

ISO Burning - Burn (Free Open Source)
http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/

General CD Burning - Toast Titanium ($80)
http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/titanium/overview.html

Decompressing Archives - UnRarX (Free / Donation)
http://www.unrarx.com/

RSS Reader - Google Reader (Free)
http://www.google.com/reader

GrandPerspective (Free Open Source)
Graphically shows the disk usage within a file system - good for finding
whats taking up space
http://grandperspectiv.sourceforge.net/

IRC - Colloquy (free)
Doesn't work for me - I use www.ircatwork.com instead
http://colloquy.info/downloads.html

Sound Editing - Audacity (Free Open Source)
Record streaming radio, edit anything, create ringtones etc etc
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/mac

Hibernate - Deep Sleep (Free)
This Widget (Press F12) allows you to put the Mac into "Deep"
sleep -
equivelant to Windows Hibernate
http://deepsleep.free.fr/

iStatPro (Free)
This Widget (Press F12) has great stats on your hardware
http://www.islayer.com/index.php?op=item&id=7

Misc stuff....

AppFresh (Free)
Scans all your apps and shows where there are updates available
http://metaquark.de/appfresh/

DarwiinRemote (Free Open Source)
Control your Mac/iTunes etc with Wii Remote!
http://sourceforge.net/projects/darwiin-remote/

IPTV - Miro (Free Open Source)
Subscribe to IP TV Shows and download automatically via BT
http://www.getmiro.com/

Wifi - iStumbler (Free)
Stumbler is a wireless discovery tool for Mac OS X
http://www.istumbler.net/