Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: New Build

Re: Country bumpkin seeks fast internet connection

 >biggles299 ... 10 April 2008 21:03 ... out in the country ...
right
proper problems getting fast internet connection ...

>3G ...

>802.11g ...

would have to be a dedicated link ?

and would 802.11n be better ?

where we are now (town) we usually see two other wireless networks
beside our own ...

where we're building (country), 'phone reception is zero indoors,
unless the 'phone is right up next to the glass, and even outside
it's (T-Mobile) very variable ... yesterday, for the first time,
there I was trying to do some downloads & found 3G non-existent,
meaning I was getting 48kb/s rather than the usual (in town) 480kb/s
per second ...

maybe things'll get better ?

NB: with Edge (on UMTS) or HSDPA (on G3), the kb/s ought to go up a
lot - if the're available (depending on network & on 'phone) ...

Chris