Re: [OT] data recovery

It may not be cheap to recover the data but you may want to get the
advice of a professional company before trying a home rescue. It all
depends upon how important the information you need to recover really is.

I have used software from http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.co.uk/

They have a trial version of the software to see if it will work, but
you may decide to use their other services of physical recovery of data.
I have no idea how much this will cost.

I used their software with great success on a work PC.

Geoff