Rhetorical CBUS question... One for Phil H maybe?

  • Subject: Rhetorical CBUS question... One for Phil H maybe?
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 20:25:04 +0100

This is the second time I've thought this, and now SWMBO has exactly
echoed my thoughts, but having just spent a fair while racking our
brains trying to find a suitable combination I have to ask...

Who the *hell* chose the 66 words & icons that are in the CBUS Saturn
pre-labelled button cap set!?!?!?! - and is he/she *clinically insane*
!!!

I mean, come on! :-

Rumpus  - I don't even know what one of those IS (in an automation
context)

BBQ - Does anyone *really* have a CBUS controlled Barbie?!?!?

WIR - that is just plain nonsense!! - what the chuff is a "WIR"

Yet at the same time, options that any sane person might imagine would
be more useful are nowhere to be found... How about a full set of
transport icons instead of two "play" triangle icons (and nothing
else!)
no "Bathroom", "ventilator", "Extractor"
"Heating" (Central or
otherwise!).  - OK, yes I grant you there IS one icon that vaguely looks
like the sun or something, which just about suffices... Also, what there
is that is genuinely useful in virtually every set is only ever included
once, - so I have to buy a complete set just to get one or two caps that
I find I want to use on virtually every switchplate. - It's like getting
your Scrabble letters & finding you've only been supplied with
"Z's"....

Phil, - have a word mate!

:-)

Paul G.