Latest message you have seen: =?windows-1252?Q?Video=3A_Robert_Scoble=92s_Home_Automation_Interview_w?= =?windows-1252?Q?ith_Revolv_Co=2DFounder?=

Uk Caller ID modem in PC World for £20

  • Subject: Uk Caller ID modem in PC World for £20
  • From: "David Gumbrell" <david.gumbrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 22:01:10 +0100

Hi,

UK Caller ID is a perennial bugbear. I recently took a chance (albeit
a calculated chance) and bought a Zoom PCI modem for =A320 in PC World.
It produces Caller ID successfully if you follow the driver .inf
modifications found here:
http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=3D1227

The exact model I bought is 3025-72-00CF.  Model 3025-00-72L is
reported to NOT work.

So if you are after Caller ID it may be worth a gamble. I have no idea
about the external serial or USB versions.

Cheers,

David