Re: Tunner with video out

  • Subject: Re: Tunner with video out
  • From: "Brian Milton" <bmilton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 19:23:32 -0000

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the links never taught of a car tunner.

I do have it hidden away.  I have all tv etc running through cat5e
all over my house.  It was just the VCR is on its way out starting to
buzz.  But just to save space in my rack I taught a nice small tunner
would be better.

cheers
Brian

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Tim Hawes" <timsyahoo@...> wrote:

> Or, keep your large VCR but hide it away and invest in a KAT5 set to
> distribute the output. You get IR control with the Mk II versions :-
)
> (www.kat5.tv)
>
> HTH,
>
> Tim.
>
> On 3/23/07, Tim Hawes <timsyahoo@...> wrote:
> > Ahh, didn't realise you were in Ireland...
> > Thinking some more, maybe a TV tuner designed for a car might be
an option, e.g.
> > http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product.asp?product=21782
> > http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product_list/c_path/49_79/spd/tv-
tuners.html

> > or this site, which appears to be from the US, much cheaper than
the
> > UK ones ofcourse :-((
> > http://www.mobilevideozone.com/product_types.aspx?
product_type=2600

> > They're just a random sprinkling from Google, I'm sure there are
some
> > other options though.
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > Tim.
> >
> > On 3/23/07, Brian Milton <bmilton@...> wrote:
> > > Hi Tim,
> > >
> > > Like a freeview box but I'm in Ireland so no Freeview here.
It
would

<timsyahoo@> wrote:

> [...]
would just
have a
> > > tunner and a video out.  I am currently using a VCR but its
not
great
> > > so was going to replace it with a new VCR but then i taught
if i
> > > could get something smaller with out he tape part would be
great.  I
> > > have googled but come up with PC tunners or tunners for
LCD's
using