Re: CM12U - any issues - reliable ?

Idratek offers very good & accessible controls ... maybe David G.
could advice definitively, but I think it would be easy to arrange
for it to overcome tendencies to erroneous operations ... their
Cortex software runs on PCs & can deal with X-10 ... worth a look,
anyway ... via their website & via David's blog :

http://www.idratek.com/     &     http://www.gumbrell.com/archives/
home_automation/

Chris

On 25 Mar 2007, at 10:40, David Chapman wrote:

> Automated Home DiscussionI have had 3 "add-a-motor" units
> controlling curtains here and they work great. The add-a-motor is
> very dumb and opens or closes when power is applied so I've been
> using simple pin type mechanical timeswitches to control them. It
> works OK but is a bit hit and miss and this time of the year I'm
> always adjusting them as they open too late and close too early.
>
> About 2 years ago I bought a basic X10 system to control them - a
> CM12U and 4 x AM12U switches. All looked good on paper and it sort
> of worked but the PC software was flakey and occasionaly it would
> "miss" commands and get out of sync so the curtains would
close