Re: Any one at the Smart Home / Self Build show tomorrow?

The T3smarthome & H&R shows =85 FWIW, we were there 10-5 on the
Friday, =
=20
and found several things of interest =85 viz-

Roger Bullivant =85 prefabricated foundations systems =85 including
an=20=20
interesting stainless-steel variation =85

Solex =85 transparent glass roof-slates with solar-collector pipes=20=20
under =85 quite an interesting idea, offering a new aesthetic=20=20
option ... not sure how good, though !

ID-Systems windows =85 robust & clean-lines, lots of light =85 look
good !

Rhino cable labelling system =85 well, we bought one =85 for all the=20=20
cable we are about to lay !

Siemens seem at last to have really got their act together on HA =96=20=20
they now have eleven approved suppliers around the country, and the=20=20
one we spoke with at the show knew his stuff & could offer to
provide=20=20
a pretty good package =85 ie: meet & discuss, then they provide spec=92
=
=20
for local electrician to first-fix, after which they do second-fix
&=20=20
commission =85 with a full set-up - lights, heat, security & AV =85
guide =
=20
price 1 to 2.5% of house value, depending on how far 'want to go =85=20=20
programmed by them, but adjustable by customer =85 I=92d say they have a =
=20
package that will run =85 looks pretty, too =85 ... at the show,
their=20=20
supplier was AV acoustics of Bridgtown in Staffs =85

Gira =85 modular EIB components, including video door-entry =96 very=20=20
attractive =85

Robbens wet UFH =85 liked the way the pipe was robust & a bit rigid
&=20=20
would be held above the base of the screed =85

HandyHeat =96 electrical UFH =85 in-screed cable kits, as against cable =
=20
mats =85 look good & affordable =85 we might go with them =85
twenty-plus =
=20
per sqm =85 including controls =85 =91need to check the sums again,
vis-=E0=
-=20
vis gas or electiric wet / =91store Chelmer=92 =85

Flo-Screed =96 pumpable floor screeds =85 RMC / Lafarge / Tarmac / Cemex =
=20
=85 looked good =85

Warmawood looked good =96 properly engineered wooden floor suited to=20=20
UFH =85 if we go for wood floor-coverings  (as SWMBO would like), it=92s =
=20
the only one I=92ve seen so-far that I would go for =85 that looks like =
=20
it would stay good, over time =85 twenty-something per sqm =85

CCL wet-room solutions =85 looked pretty fool-proof =85

Geberit =85 bathroom sanitary-ware mountings etc =85 looked good =85 plus =
=20
paperless loo, WC / bidet combined, sort-of, seemed a good idea !

DrainVac =96 dry / wet built-in vacuum-cleaners =85 wet sounds good, but =
=20
built-in, with all the pipes =85 maybe, but not sure !

Vent-Axia =96 their Airminder ventilation heat-exchanger =85 but also a =
=20
comfort cooling add-on =85 and a bagged built-in vacuum cleaner
system=20=20
=96 we=92ve a bagless=92 at the moment, =91much too messy to empty, never =
=20
again !

Genvex =85 (very) good quality ventilation heat-exchangers =85 they=20=20
really do seem better than the rest =85

Underfloor Warehouse =85 and Total Home Environment =85 might give them a =
=20
try =85 for the heating & ventilation system components =85

Optic Lighting chandelier =85 nice idea, threads from the ceiling =85=20=20
awful prices !

Fibre-optic cable system =85 not quite there yet !

Cat-8 cable system =85 not sure why ?

Well, anyway, those were what caught our eye !

Chris

On 23 Mar 2007, at 19:01, Chris Hunter wrote:

> Nigel -
>
> sorry to have missed you ... i had in mind to contact you
arround=20=20