Re: Tunner with video out

Brian Milton wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone new of a device that would just have a
> tunner and a video out.  I am currently using a VCR but its not great
> so was going to replace it with a new VCR but then i taught if i
> could get something smaller with out he tape part would be great.

I have a Philips "TV Tuner 7300" that you can have for the cost
of
postage...

It's from the Amiga/Atari era, when PAL-resolution monitors that
accepted composite video were relatively common.  It's a PAL-I tuner
with 12 pre-sets (mechanically tuned under a flap, selected by
mechanical switches on the front - no remote, I'm afraid).  Output is
composite video and mono audio via phono plugs.  It also has passthrough
sockets (again, composite and mono audio) for when it's switched off.

It's about 225cm wide by 20cm deep by about 5cm high, and is a
delightful shade of 15-year-old computer beige.  It does seem to work
pretty well, and is above average in terms of sensitivity.

Let me know if you're interested,

Kim.