Latest message you have seen: Re: BBC iPlayer on Wii: new BigScreen interface

Re: Remote electricity usage monitoring

  • Subject: Re: Remote electricity usage monitoring
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:22:10 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Richard Parker"
<mr.richard.parker@...> wrote:

> My goal is to be able to monitor electricity consumption within my
apartment
> and log this information into SQL, similar to the setup at
http://bwired.nl.

Check out the RFXPower device from http://www.rfxcom.com
It uses a current transformer that you clamp around the incoming meter
tail, and it transmits the total energy consumption (in units
of .01kWh) wirelessly on 433MHz.  The packets can be received using an
RFXCOM receiver or the W800RF32 (albeit with reduced maximum count
before wrapping to zero).

I have one at home and it works great - no need to open the consumer
unit to install it either.

There is xPL support coming in the next few days (I just have to
finish testing and writing web pages).

Mal