Latest message you have seen: Re: Project Natal Preview - Home Automation Implications?

Re: PS3 query

Nope - the format backed by the pron industry always wins, and they
will
have to go for HD-DVD because Sony doesn't want to let them use its
format at the moment (although HD pron doesn't seem all that appealing -
too much detail!)

Also keep in mind that the PS3 is primarily a games machine, with an
extremely high manufacturing cost that Sony will need to reduce ASAP.
The Blu-Ray support will be nowhere near as high-quality and
user-friendly as with a dedicated player.

And if you want the PS3 for games, you should be aware that it is
nowhere near as powerful as the Xbox360.

I'd recommend buying a 360 or a Wii for gaming, an upscaling DVD player
for movies, and when the market has settled in a couple of years, get a
dedicated HD player in the winning format.

Mal