Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

X10 LW10U Problem

  • Subject: X10 LW10U Problem
  • From: "Jon Twyford" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 21:15:21 -0000

Hi

I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I have with a LW10U
dimmer light switch.

I have 4 of these devices installed for nearly 2 years with no problem. But
now one of the devices randomly turns itself on. The addresses I use for
lights are between J1 to J7 (The device in question was addressed at J3). I
have monitored for other signals from neighbours but nothing found, I
changed the address of it to different random addresses and the same thing
happened. I thought it was the device itself, so brought a new one but it
happens to that one as well. I have turned off all x10 transmitters and
automation systems but it still happens.

The switch turns on 8 spot lights (filament) with a total of 260w (4 x 40w,
4 x 25w), the max is 300w for the switch

TIA

Jon