Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: CurrentCost external install

RE: CPUs...

  • Subject: RE: CPUs...
  • From: "Mike Griffiths" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 12:33:40 -0000

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/cpu/charts.html
Might help Phil
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Phil Harris
Sent: 21 January 2007 18:50
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] CPUs...

> The "Core 2" processors are 64-bit, and slightly faster (in
most
> cases, but not all) than the older "Core" versions...

I thought the "Core" and Pentium "D" were 64bit too ...
no?

> Not all variants of the Core/Core 2 architecture cpus support
> virtualisation (some of the low end Core ones don't have VT support
> for some reason). None of them support HT AIUI.

But some of the Pentium Ds did didn't they? I'm sure I've seen something
about them showing up as four cores under windows?

> wikipedia has extensive info on all the different models.

Yeah - that's where I'd been looking but there's so much info it's
pretty
confusing trying to relate one page to the other...

Phil