Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: CurrentCost external install

Re: Colour cctv/IR

I am thinking of using some of these cameras outside, mounted in a
weatherproof enclosure - is this a sensible thing to do, or are there
good reasons not to?

Martin

White, Peter wrote:
> Quick question - I've got a couple of the Panasonic IP cameras (1 pan
'n'
> tilt, 1 static), and one of them is in the nursery to spy on the
little
> madam when she has her midnight tantrums.  They're not night-time
cameras,
> so to make them see in the dark, is it as simple as putting an IR
> illuminator in the room, or do I actually also need a camera tailored
to IR
> pick up?
>
> I will be doing a review soon, I promise, but first impressions of the
> cameras is that I'm pretty impressed with both of them, it's just a
real
> shame they don't do an outside housing for them, as the static version
at
> £40 is a bit of a barg for an IP camera, and pretty good quality.
>
> Thanks
>

> Pete

Grizelli Associates Limited
IT Project Consultants
2c Nethermoor Road, Middlezoy, Bridgwater, TA7 0PG
UK Company registration no. 2468872
VAT registration no. 713 1775 49