Re: Wiring up a UPS 'ring main'?

Paul

I can't see any reason why you shouldn't do this, provided you provide
the circuit with appropriate protection and segregate and/or mark any
outlets that they should be isolated at the UPS.

I would also advise getting some keyed sockets and plugs.

The plugs are available in various designs but the most popular I come
across are modelled on a standard 13a design but with a round or T
shaped earth pin.

Shout if you need a supplier.

Cheers

Neil

Paul Gale wrote:
> I was thinking of wiring up a dedicated ?ring main? in my loft
conversion that?s connected to a monster UPS, housed in node0.

> Is this advisable or are there potential problems with doing this?
>
> I?d just connect a couple of top-end PC?s and a few peripherals to it.
The UPS protected outlets would be marked.