RE: Energy Saving Offer for Automated Home Readers

  • Subject: RE: Energy Saving Offer for Automated Home Readers
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:21:59 -0000

Haven't checked out what these things cost, but I've already put
something very similar in place in my house...

Whenever Comfort is armed I have it send a P16 OFF X10 command.
Whenever Comfort is disarmed I have it send a P16 ON X10 command.

Around the house I have 4-way strips that are plugged into an X10 AM12
appliance module, all the modules are set to address P16.

Into these socket strips I plug anything that I'm happy to have turned
completely OFF rather than in standby, thus whenever the house is
unoccupied there is little or nothing in standby mode. But when the
house is occupied all this stuff comes back on so that it still works
just as conveniently from the remotes...

Currently I've just used whatever socket strips I happen to have lying
around, however, I am planning to go to B&Q & buy a job lot of
bright
red ones to make them more distinctive...

Everything to do this (thus far) I already had lying around, so it
hasn't cost me a brass bean up to now. A half a dozen or so socket
strips ain't gonna cost a fortune methinks...

Paul G.

PS: I remember once hearing "the greens" claiming that all the
devices
in the UK that are left on standby all year, use the equivalent
electricity of one whole new power station....  So I say, then let's
build exactly 1 whole new power station and shut the **ck up
complaining!!!

Of