Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: Laptop battery replacement

  • Subject: Re: Laptop battery replacement
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:09:58 -0000

When I was out in the states in november I picked up a mac magazine,
there were a few adverts in there for generic batteries that quoted up
to 100% more than the original batteries! Based on how good my
original battery was that would give me nearly 12 hours of battery :)

they were very cheap too, around $60 iirc.  Worth a google, i forget
the name but they did ship to the Uk, reviews i found were very
praising. must be worth a shot compared to apples horrendous prices.

mine seemed to drop down gradually then almost overnight it seemed to
lose an hour or so off batt life :(  i did the only possible
thing.....swapped it for my mums that never leaves her desk! hehe back
up to six hours :)

when stuff like that goes tho i usually treat it as more than enough
of an excuse for me to upgrade and buy a new laptop ;)

Noel

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Chris Hunter <cjhunter@...> wrote:

> The battery for 'wife's Powerbook G4 likewise ... local Applecentre
> wasn't very helpful, and although they said they could order one, they
> did imply that most people buy generic ... must say, though, that when
> we bought generic for our old mobile phone's they were cheap but were
> dead in no-time ... I'm inclined to live with the short life of the
> battery (new, it would run five ours, all the way to Chicago, with a
> break for eats, now it runs for fifteen-minutes but still several days
> on stand-by), 'though 'wife wants a new one, at maybe 140GBP for the
> Apple version ...
>
> Chris
>
> steamer2uk wrote:
>
> >Hi, everyone, may I please 'pick your brains'?
> >
> >After 3 years of intensive use, my daughter's laptop battery is
showing
> >its age and needs replacing.
> >
> >However, the 'official' Sony replacement battery (ref: PCGA-BP2V)
is
> >about GBP 150!
> >
> >There are a number of 'generic' batteries we have found by
Googling,