Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Split CCTV feed - Possible ??

  • Subject: Split CCTV feed - Possible ??
  • From: "kw1816" <kw1816@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:40:05 -0000

While I think the Geovision system I've got is great, I have a need
to embed live video (with no user interaction) into a Mainlobby
scene. This can be either as a JPG or embedded in a web page.
Closest I've got is a webpage made using the SDK but you still need
to press a 'Play' button to view the stream. I know Paul is using
the FTP server function to drop images but  ideally I want a live
stream.

I was wondering if it's possible to split a CCTV camera feed using a
BNC T piece ?  I have this (possibly not so!) cunning plan to
resurrect an MV1000 video server to provide the streaming feed. The
camera feeds go into a 'T' piece and then one side into the
Geovision card and one side into the MV1000. Geovision would handle
all the motion sensing and archiving while the MV1000 would provide
just the streaming live feeds.

At the back of my mind is a reason why it won't work but I can't put
my finger on it :-)
Any ideas or suggestions ?

Kevin W.