CBus wiring

Building work starts next week on my loft conversion and I'm still
planning on moving from X10 throughout the house to CBus. Before we get too
far down the line, I need to think about CBus wiring and where necessary,
get it installed, so:

What's the advantage of using the pink CBus cabling over standard Cat5? I
have Cat5 to many of the light switches already, just waiting to be used.
Do I need to run the CBus stuff and why?

The other existing switches that don't have Cat5 will be nearly impossible
to install new cabling to. I was thinking of using bus couplers to use the
existing switches. Can I use an existing 1.5mm T&E cable to run this
back to the CBus dimmers?

Thanks,

Paul.