Latest message you have seen: Re: Samsung 1Tb Drives - Help - Raid settings?!?!

Re: [OT]? USB drive on LAN

  • Subject: Re: [OT]? USB drive on LAN
  • From: "Dave Ward" <DFHWukha@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 10:54:19 -0000

Stuart,

Doesn't the NSLU2 use the EXT3 file format?
I don't think it will read or write FAT, FAT32, or NTFS disks :(

The new Apple Airport Extreeme basestation will support USB FAT HDDs
but it's =A3100=20

I don't know about this particular USB-HDD-Media player but I thought
they only go into media player mode when disconnected from the USB host?

Dave

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Stuart Poulton"
<stuart.poulton@...>
wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> How about an NSLU2 from Linksys, these allow you to network a USB HDD
>=20
> http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3D239
>=20
> Cheers
>=20
> Stuart
>=20
>=20
> ----- Original Message -----=20

wanted
so I
> >> have tried this. Thinking it may be the next best thing!
> >>
> >> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D250059083385
> >>
> >> Which was crap, I continuously loose stuff which is connected
to it.

> >> So don't even consider it!
> >>
> >> Dan

discs with