Re: Top 10 Technologies I Can't Live Without - 2007

OK :

top ten technologies I'm more than pleased to have the use of :

1: Internet & Yahoo! Groups ...

2: Google (just the search engine, but am sure 'will be following
Mark into the rest before too long) & Multimap ('cos it includes
contours)

3: Apple Mac (with both OSX Tiger & OS8.6, 'cos that's when 'Office
last worked good, in my experience, and we have a lot of legacy stuff
in Office)

4: Nokia E61 / Symbian 60 / Web'n'Walk (needs rather a lot of
patience, but does a minimum & can add the old G4 Powerbook to do the
rest, keen to move to iPhone, for all the reasons Mark has
highlighted, but need 3G)

5: DAB radio (for BBC World Service, which otherwise doesn't get this
far north, and for some BBC Radio 5 programmes, which otherwise are
too much work)

6: HP RPN - still makes arithmetic so much easier

7: Thin lightweight Mylar film, 'cos it made headphones really work
(way back in the 80s), with good implications for household harmony

8: Idratek (not in yet, but without it our particular aspirations for
HA would be a non-starter) - and it needs 'XP, so that , too !

9: HF T5 fluorescent lamps - controllable, economical - making (with
HA) some sophisticated lighting schemes affordable

10: UFH & mechanical ventilation with heat-recovery & good
insulation
- big improvement to household air quality & comfort, with
affordability - along with a few HA challenges

11: ...

don't read too much into the order !   Don't suppose it would be
quite the same if I wrote it tomorrow .... there's bound to be an
obvious one I've overlooked ...

Chris