Latest message you have seen: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_[ukha=5Fd]_Home_DIY_Rack_Wins_Creator_a_=A320K_Car?=

Re: Low power PC option

  • Subject: Re: Low power PC option
  • From: "Paul Bendall" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:45:26 -0000

If you are looking for the ultimate power saving CPU how about this=20
one just released from Via, it uses just 1W!

http://www.via.com.tw/en/resources/pressroom/pressrelease.jsp?
press_release_no=3D1467

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "dermot_bradley" <bradley@...>

wrote:

> > What attracts me is the price/performance of off-the-shelf
PCs,=20
if=20
> > they can be power optimised then it looks very attractive.
I've=20
done=20
> > the build my own in the past but its shocking how much extra
it=20
costs=20
> > and how briefly the benefits last!  A VIA / mobile core duo=20
machine=20
> > may have a lower power usage but if it costs =A3100s more to
buy=20
then=20
> > it doesn'tlook so attractive!=20=20
>=20
> I've just build a complete rackmount server with 64W Athlon Dual=20
Core,
> 512Mb RAM, 2 x 80Gb 2.5" SATA drives including case for about
220=20
quid