RE: Big LCDs

Have to say I'm not quite sure what point you're getting at here.

(An ex-boss of mine would have asked whether you are a manager as you've
said something whilst actually not saying anything. :-) )

There have been three 30" 2560 x 1600 displays out there for quite
some tim=
from Apple, Dell and HP. Dell has recently revamped its' display to an
upgraded "HC" variant ("High Colour" using an improved
panel which is
capable of 92% of the NTSC colour gamut rather than the roughly 75% of the
previous panel).

The price of the Dell has remained fairly steady for the last year at
aroun=
=A31350 inc VAT but there have been a number of Dell "deals" (as
they tend =
do) which has seen the price sub =A31k on occasions - not quite sure where
you're getting your "Prices seem to be about a third of what they
were" inf=
from or what you're basing the statement on.

All *WILL* require Dual Link DVI (not Dual DVI which is two DVI connectors)
to realise their 2560 x 1600 resolution however if you do feed them via
single link they will generally display at 1280 x 800 pixels.

Been following these units for a while as when I get moved I won't have the
space for my current CRT PC monitors and intend to get the Dell 30"...

Phil