RE: Wireless routers...

> 2) Recommendations for a good wireless ADSL router? I really
> don't care whether it's separate components for the Wireless
> AP, Router and ADSL modem or whether it's an all in one unit
> but again I need something that I can fit and forget - has to
> be reliable, give good wireless throughput and not have a
> tendancy to toast itself silly in hot weather (so maybe
> separate units would be better in that respect?) I have so
> much trouble with crappy wireless throughput and units that
> decide to toast themselves in hot weather
> - I seem to get through a cable router a year nearly here and
> I've had white and silver netgears, various Linksys, DLink
> and Belkins too, all the usual PC World fayre! I don't do
> anything with VOIP yet and don't have a huge desire to do so
> that's not high on my list of priorities but reliability is
> - are Vigor still the dogs danglies?
>
> Cheers
>
> Phil

Been having a bit of a hunt around today - partly because my life really is
that sad that I have nothing better to do on a bank holiday and partly
because my current WiFi router is playing up now and won't even stream a
Freeview MCE recording without glitching!

Anyway - anyone got any views or opinions on the following:

http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk/product.asp?pr=DGFV338
- probably not too
many people using this given that it's not out until the start of May but
I've never been let down by a bit of the "blue" NetGear kit so
far (all my
switches are NetGear "blues").

http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk/product.asp?pr=VIGOR2800G
- It's been a while
since I heard anyone evangelising about Vigor so have they lost their
crown?

Phil