Re: Re: What Infrastruture? - newbie question

I don't pretend to understand the ins and outs of the IDratek business
strategy, but I think this does demonstrate a responsiveness to customer
requirements that was one of my reasons to use their system.

At first I had similar thoughts, but having looked over the Rako range, I
don't see that much conflict. The Rako dimmers give some useful solutions
for automating dimming, especially in a retrofit situation, and their
inline
dimmer is much better (albeit more expensive) than X-10 for non-fixed
lamps.
Since these are "actuators", there is not much conflict, you may
lose
functions like Reflex controlled ramps etc but under Cortex control this is
not significant.

Arguably there is some conflict with control panels, but here you could
consider that you are trading aesthetics (if you like the Rako design - I
don't) for Reflex functions.

Having said that, the details of the Rako integration are not yet
announced,
so there is danger of over-speculating :-)

Cheers,

David

On 9/5/06, Chris Hunter <cjhunter@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   or rather ... Idratek offer seemingly comprehensive control
> possibilities, Rako offer more powerful dimmers & wireless comm's
> possibilities (quite expensive, though), as well as (as you said)
their