Latest message you have seen: VIA spins mini-mobo disk array

RE: Re: XBox component HD cable + composite?

  • Subject: RE: Re: XBox component HD cable + composite?
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:05:53 -0000

> Thanks Noel - that's what I was thinking too - I might even make
> a component to composite circuit if I can find a suitable one...
> (Keith???)

I dont have a curcuit for Component to Composite or S-video although it is
possible to convert.

Having said that, it wouldnt work because the resultant composite or
s-video
signal would be at HD frequencies so a normal SD display couldnt display
it.

Easiest was to get simultaneous outputs is to use two encoder chips with
the
RGB output of a device.

One encoder chip to convert RGB to Component

One encoder chip to convert RGB to S-video and Composite

The RGB output would also be available as long as you buffered it.

All pretty academic in relation to this thread as they would all be SD not
HD. As there is only a single headed graphics chip in the X-box there is no
way to get HD and SD as the same time without an expensive Scaler/Converter
to downscale the HD image. You also have the problem thet from what I have
read in this thread the HD output is NTSC not PAL.