Latest message you have seen: Video surveillance

Re: Mac Mini - FrontRow?

  • Subject: Re: Mac Mini - FrontRow?
  • From: "Robert James" <rob68james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:10:58 +0000

I've been running, MCE2005 on my Mac-mini for about 4 months, purely for
the
Mymovies2 interface for watching NAS stored .iso's, must say it has been
very stable, I'm not sure if this is a route you would want to go down.
This
is also my most Vista-friendly machine. I know most mac users would
consider
this the ultimate sin, however until iTV's details are released, it does
for
me.

>From: "John Hegarty" <john.hegarty@xxxxxxx>
>To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Mac Mini - FrontRow?
>Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:50:29 +0000
>
>I am considering doing the same thing. While most of my music
collection is
>mp3, quite a lot of the recent stuff is DRM'd from iTunes.
>I love FrontRow on my MacBook so saw the Mac Mini as a ideal media
delivery
>device for the music and ripped DVD's. The only reason I am hesitating
is
>the promise of the Apple iTV 'sometime in 2007'.
>
>John.
>

>On 29/11/06, rb_ziggy <rb.lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >   I'm just about to treat us to a nice new TV (likely a 46"
Sony LCD)
> > and it seems like a good opportunity to add a pc to this - just
love
> > the idea of 1920x1080 on a 46" display :-)
> >
> > But I don't really need a full on media pc as we use sky and will
> > upgrade to Sky+ & HD. (Freeview is only just possible here.)
> >
> > So has anyone got experience of the latest Mac Mini and possibly
Front
> > Row or alternative Mac media packages? Do others go further with
HA