Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: [OT] Window 7 connecting to a Win 2003 Domain

Re: Freeview PVR recommendations?

  • Subject: Re: Freeview PVR recommendations?
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:42:34 GMT

In article <WRmoL0AM71ZFFwUX@xxxxxxx>, Simon Pawson wrote:
> Allegedly. The original firmware had
> issues with copying out via the USB. They had forgotten error control
on
> their USB code. It didn't used to allow copying in - which seems not
> matter is that sort of non technical environment until you find that
you
> have a series (via BT, TV capture or other) and want to put it on
> their(her) machine so they can watch.

All the firmware to date is dodgy regarding copying content off the machine
and copying onto it isn't an official feature and isn't at all easy or
rewarding.

However, there are community developed work-arounds and I regularly make
DVDs from content I've recorded on the 9200.

Humax are still promising to fix this but say that user feedback is that
other fixes are more important. And they have been releasing new firmware
pretty often and I do have a pretty good feeling about them.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire