Latest message you have seen: Re: Security of mains ethernet adapters?

RE: Re: Re: Cbus XPL XAP

  • Subject: RE: Re: Re: Cbus XPL XAP
  • From: "Christopher Purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:58:48 +0000

Nicely done on the dlt's !! I did think about going for xap in cinemar
too but thought I would start simply. I don't have any docs at all -just
thought I would connect over a port and build from there. List of groups,
populate values, update as required that sort of thing. I agree on the
homeseer front - its an irritating glue IMHO would rather just have one
thing to worry about. Also mainlobby has this new generic lighting control
thing - let someone else develop the pretty scenes and I'll just do the
backend type of thing.

Chris

> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> From: lists@xxxxxxx
> Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:45:20 +0100
> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: Cbus XPL XAP
>
> Hi Chris ,
>
>     Been looking at ML3 and I was thinking of the same thing as it
> removes HS as the intermediate step to C-Bus (although it's hardly an
> issue as it's fast anyway)  ....  Plugins for Cinemar are a bit
strange
> though in that they are licensed (and keyed) by Cinemar themselves -
> which effectively means that Cinemar can control which plugins are
> released.  They apparently wont permit any plugin that is in any way
> competitive with their own offerings.
>
>    Just interested do you too have the C-Bus Enabled protocol
> documentation to code a full plugin  ?
>
>     Kevin
>
>     PS I have provisional dynamic labelling support in xAP working for
> the Saturn DLT's  :-)
>
> Chris Purves wrote:
> >
> > Dean - I have sent off to Cinemar for the mlserver plugin SDK.
Tempted