Latest message you have seen: CCTV

RE: Any Archos user here?

Thanks Geoff.

A couple more questions if I may....

Where can I get the aforementioned tools from? - I had a quick search on
Doom9 but haven't turned up downloads for them yet...

What format does PGC.NET render the ripped DVD's in? - or more
pertinently I suspect, what format(s) is AVI.NET happy with?

I ask because I already have pretty much all my DVDs ripped onto my MCE
machine. These have all been ripped with DVDDecrypter, and have
macrovision & region coding etc. removed. Initially I used to rip to
.ISO format, so I have a number that I can mount as virtual DVD's that I
imagine any software that works with a physical DVD should be quite
happy with. Laterly however, I switched to ripping to .VOB format in a
VIDEO_TS folder. The majority (75%+) of my DVD's are ripped like this.

I *really* don't want to have to re-rip from physical DVD's again (many
of them are inaccessible now, - either boxed in the loft, or, in the
case of many of them taken off-site and left either at the M-I-L's house
or our holiday villa in Spain), so I ideally want a solution that I can
just point at a VIDEO_TS folder, press a button, and have a suitable
.AVI file come out the other end...

I'm pretty new at this video conversion stuff, so I either need a very
simple tool that works pretty much like a sausage machine, or I need a
complete end-to-end walkthrough guide that leads me through the whole
process, - any ideas if/where such a thing might exist?

Cheers matey.

Paul G.