RE: mains power

  • Subject: RE: mains power
  • From: "Jim Andrews" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 08:47:26 +0100

I've never considered this to be an issue, as any ripple on the supply
will
be on the phase and affect the kit irrespective of where the feed is
connected. The only difference being of course if you smooth the feed.

I've got a separate feed to my PC kit, but that's so it's on a different
RCD
from the rest of the house and not affected by faulty appliances (as
happened the other day, with the iron that started tripping).

Jim