RE: Is there an alternative to MCE 2005 ?

  • Subject: RE: Is there an alternative to MCE 2005 ?
  • From: "Keith Finnett" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 18:03:24 +0100

Yep, I agree with Phil. Been running an MCE machine for about 9 months
now
and I've not had to tinker with it at all to keep it running, as you
normally would need to with Windows.

Incidentally, I have a friend who built his at exactly the same time and
hi=
is really unstable. The difference? I picked components carefully and
bough=
new, carefully tested all the software and the machine is used for nothing
but MCE, file serving and an IIS server - he used whatever he had spare and
made up heatsinks to quieten it, uses it for other things and changes
software all the time....i leave you to come to your own conclusions!