Re: OT : XDA Exec deal ? - Supplementary

Ho yin Ng wrote:
> £99 seems like a brilliant deal.
>
> The thing I am struggling with is what is the difference between the
O2 XDA
> Exec and the Orange SPV5000? Is it just the colour?

O2 have some custom software on theirs - this gives you a prettier Today
screen (and I think Phone app) and otherwise slows things to a crawl
(the review I posted earlier explains how to remove it, though I haven't
tried in case that was somehow related to my voice problem).  I don't
know what Orange do, but they certainly like to customise their phones
in general.

> In addition I have read reviews that the units have problems jumping
from 3G
> to GPRS when there is a low signal. Is this something that can be
corrected
> when they release a firmware upgrade? Or will it be a unit hardware
change
> that will be required?

I've not had it long enough to discover this bug (the 3G reception here
is pretty decent), but I'd hope it would be firmware upgrade territory.

Kim.