RE: Multiple soundcards in 1 pc, remote controlled ??? Don't know how to start

  • Subject: RE: Multiple soundcards in 1 pc, remote controlled ??? Don't know how to start
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 12:00:41 -0000

Yes you can either put multiple soundcards in a PC and Winamp can be
set to whichever output you want (in the settings).

Alternatively, you can use a 5.1 / 7.1 Soundbaster card and the KxProject
audio drivers to give you 3/4 individual stereo outputs from one card!

http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1

I do this and have done for 5 years - works a treat and cheaper than
separate cards. Winamp and other progs see the drivers as separate outputs.
You then take the 3 or 4 3.5mm jack outlets to your amplifiers.

Not sure about the IR bit as I don't control them in this way (or use
Winamp anymore). Just in case it's of any interest: I now use
MainLobby/MusicLobby and the J River Media Centre which again, works
through the single sound card and I have 2 MP3 'sources' feeding into two
Russound CAV6.6's (whole house amplifiers). I could add extra sources if I
wanted but I only need two + all the other stuff that gets distributed (Sky
HD, Sky+ for radio, DVD, XBMC). It's a pretty comprehensive arrangement and
works really well - but gets a bit more expensive!

Paul.

Don't