Re: XP

Not sure ... it was a race to get it running, so they got just the one
version going ... and it would make a lot of business sense for Apple to
get 'XP going on their machines ... 'open up the market, etc ... ... the
advantage is less clear from the MS side, of course, but I can't see it
would do them much harm ...

Chris

Stuart Poulton wrote:

>I'm not sure we'll be seeing XP actually included in any apple OS or
>update anytime soon based on the following statements from the bootcamp
>site
>
>"What you¢ll need:
>
>-A bona fide installation disc for Microsoft Windows XP, Service Pack
2,
>Home or Professional (No multi-disc, upgrade or Media Center versions.)
>"
>
>And
>
>"Apple Computer does not sell or support Microsoft Windows."

>On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 06:55 +0100, Chris Hunter wrote:
>

>>Yep ... that news broke a few weeks ago (an unofficial - as it were
-
>>competition had been run to get it done) ... what was new this time
was
>>that Apple are to include XP within their next OS update ... so
both
>>could be run together ... it would make some sense & be quite
be handy
>>... if it's true ...
>>
>>Chris
>>

>>Ben McCormack wrote: