Latest message you have seen: RE: Win MCE Rollup2

Re: How to avoid interference ?

On 29/09/05, egelbeertje <r_d_k@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> next phase of my HA project is as follows :
> cable up the garden lighting (4 circuits of 230v) , supply 2 speaker
> channels and an IR return channel to the garden, and somehow manage to
> get 4 satellite coax cables to a dish with quad LNB at the end of the
> garden. (2 kids + swmbo probably want their own tuner someday :-)
> All of these wires will have to be confined into a small gap and they
> will have to run parallel about for about 10 meters.
> Any input on risk of interference from the 230v to the satellite
signal
> and how to avoid would be appreciated. Also good spec of satellite
coax
> would be welcome(I need to run a total of 4 times 40 meters of coax
> from the dish to the tuner(s) so already envision to buy HQ cable :-).
> rgds Rob

Maplin sell FT125, which is of a similar spec to CT125, but foil
shielded. This will keep the interference to a minimum.

I would be very reluctant to run mains and coax together. The further
apart you keep the mains and the coax the better - 300mm would be
good, but if this is a difficulty, you could run a few tests first,
over a run of at least 10m. Measure the signal strength (using a meter
preferably) with and without load, to see how much the signal will be
degraded. If it's acceptable you can decide go ahead, without having
to dig everything up again.

patrick