Latest message you have seen: Re: tvcatchup.com

Re: Apache reverse proxy ?

PR>    > How do you control 3 tivos as they all have the same remote
?
>> Chris
PR>  Simple. I don't use the remotes - it's all done over the LAN
instead.

PR>  Ipronto pointing at web page with custom built java applet that
opens a socket to the web
PR>  server (ie not the tivo) to send the commands.
PR>
PR>  I have a drop-down box which chooses which tivo I'm controlling -
this just sets a flag in
PR>  the applet itself so the next tivo command is marked for the
appropriate tivo.

PR>  There's another drop-down box which controls which tivo I'm
watching in the lounge. This
PR>  causes the applet to send a command to the sever which makes the
server open a socket to
PR>  my cctv server (in node zero), which runs girder and has a usb-uirt
connected. So my cctv
PR>  server sends an IR signal to the rgb switcher in node zero.
PR>
PR>  From any of the PCs in the house, I use an application version of
the java applet instead.
PR>  Only difference is that the application opens a socket directly to
each tivo instead of
PR>  going through the proxy web server.
PR>
PR>  Paul

Tivo provide a simple way. P103 of the Tivo instruction book describes
how to assign the remote to an individual Tivo rather than all
Tivos. It would seem that you can have 8 machines with different IR
codes.

At one time I had 2 tivos, both separately controllable with one
Pronto.

Bill