Latest message you have seen: RE: Base-line power consumption

Re: Skype Dualphone

The Maplin "VoIP Gateway" looks the same as this one from eBay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D5810449856

I have ordered a Plantronics Skype-ready Audio 45 USB Stereo PC Headset (=
=A325 - and=20
works with Mac) from Amazon (also at eBuyer) for Skype use.

SkypeOut (calls to POTS system) calls look pretty cheap too but depends on
=
quality if it's a=20
winner. Local UK incoming numbers also look interesting (me thinks its a
se=
cond line=20
without BT line rental.....maybe seperate calls for different people or
bus=
iness/personal=20
calls?) @ =8010 for 3 months, =8030 for 12. (see SkypeIn at http://www.skyp=
e.net/store/)

This ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D5811893866
) =
Skype box=20
looks interesting too - call redirect incoming Skype calls to and 'normal'
=
phone number=20
when away from PC. But its a US import.

Ben=20

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul@p...> wrote:
> Maplins has this model, which is compatible with several VOIP
providers:
>=20=20
> http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=3D47157&doy=3D26m9
>=20=20
> They also have this, - I've just bought one of these, (couldn't resist
th=
e "bargain", since=20
it had =A310 off!!) - not had a chance to play with it yet though...
>=20=20
> http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=3D46125&doy=3D26m9
>=20=20
> I already use the Skype service with one of these: http://www.maplin.co.u=
k/
Module.aspx?ModuleNo=3D47494&doy=3D26m9  - I got one for all my main
family=
members=20
so we can all get free calls to each other, and the call quality is for
the=
most part very=20
good, and usually indistinguishable from a "normal" POTS call.
>=20=20
> Paul G.
>=20=20
>=20
> ________________________________
>=20

bandwagon =
*shock=20
horror*

> > But what is the difference between skype and a proper VOIP phone
system=
? Is there=20
any difference in sound quality? Is it actually that good?

> > All the hype on the internet seem to suggest it is better than
sliced b=
read.