Latest message you have seen: RE: VPN or other solution from iPhone to HA server?

Re: Apache reverse proxy ?

My set up seems to work. I have three tivos, imaginatively called tivo,
tivo2 and tivo3.

In /var/hack/tivoweb-tcl/tivoweb.cfg, I change the "Prefix = "
line to read "Prefix =
tivo2" etc.

This means that tivo now serves up pages with embedded links of the form
"/tivo2/ui/" etc
instead of "/ui/" etc.

My apache config then includes the following:
ProxyPass /tivo2/ http://tivo2/
<Location /tivo2>
AuthName "only for registered users"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /var/www/localhost/passwords
require valid-user
</Location>

(I'll set this up to only over SSL one day...)

so that apache running on host "server" will convert http://server/tivo2/ui/... to an
internal call to http://tivo2/ui/...

The whole thing then looks like server contains the tivoweb site.

If I go directly to tivo2 in my browser, ie http://tivo2/ then all the links in that page
point to things like http://tivo2/tivo2/ui/ - but it all works
as it should.

HTH