Latest message you have seen: Re: BBC iPlayer on Wii: new BigScreen interface

Re: [OT] Is Sky + as crap as I think it is ?

I'd say the Sky+ UI is 'adequate', But TiVo UI was fantastic, so useable,
however the Twin Tuner aspect of Sky+ just far outweighs the downside of
the
UI.

I loved my TiVo, I really did,  It changed the way I watched TV forever, I
could not go back to ordinary TV schedules, however the nature of the
external tuner(Sky box) meant program clashes and missed recordings was a
BIG problem. With Sky+  now I find it extremely rare that I want to
watch/record more than 2 programs at one time, therefore program clashes
with Sky+ are a thing of the past, I just never consider it , I
record/watch
what I want when I want, record 2 things at same time while watching a
previous recording...no prob. I just could NOT do without 2 tuners now.

I even feel happy to leave my parents minding the kids now, without the
worry that they will ruin my Tivo recordings !!!

As Mark says if there was a twin tuner(Sky)  Tivo then it would win hands
down, but for now the only choice for me is Sky+. I require Sky as I watch
LOT of sport and it really is the only choice.

Darren
> Yes, it is derogatory. It's great in theory but shite in practice. My
Sky+