Latest message you have seen: RE: xbox improved video modes

Re: [OT] Is Sky + as crap as I think it is ?

christopher purves wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have been a long time Tivo user as has my wife and we both loved it.
We
> recently had sky mutiroom installed which included a sky+ box - the
> end of
> tivo or so we thought. We have since been struggeling to get our head
> around
> the sky+ interface and think we are gonna have to dig out the old tivo
> and
> plug it in again - atleast to the non '+' box.
> The simplest task like telling sky+ to record all 'Spooks' episodes
seems
> impossible unless spooks happens to be on that day (a-z search only
> works on
> todays programs as far as we can tell). Forget about it automatically
> recording new series automatically because we had previously had a
seaon
> pass.

We search by category, then channel, then date. Set it to record the
first episode, then select series link from the planner menu.

eg, for spooks, it would be
Planner -> Entertainment -> BBC3 -> advance to correct day/time
& select
first program to record, then press green button for series link.

Seems pretty simple to me...?

Admittedly it didn't cope with the first two episodes being on bbc1, and
it won't predict what you want to watch of course...

Jim