Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT] really annoying multi-monitor issue

Speaker cover material

  • Subject: Speaker cover material
  • From: "David Chapman" <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 20:24:37 +0100

I'm working on building the speakers in to the walls of what will become a
home cinema room. Current plan has recesses to house the speakers - gives
flexabilty to change them later.
What I want is something to cover the front of the recess which is approx
1200 x 400 mm. It needs to let the sound through but I'm a bit tone deaf
and
so if it reduces the sound quality slightly I probably won't notice !
Obvious choice of course is the widely available black speaker fabric -
would be easy to do as I plan to have a removable timber frame that locates
with Velcro - but the look is wrong. What would work visually is something
like a sheet of aluminium with lots of small holes (same as on the front of
the speakers that come with Hitachi plasma). I assume I could stop it
resonating but is anything like this available in the size I need ?  A
serious Google has so far found nothing.

David C